Plan B

Thursday, July 28, 2005

New Walking Partner

Today, Lauren, my daughter, was my walking partner. She is working full time teaching swimming and lifeguarding at a municipal pool. Every morning Monday through Thursday she is at the pool from 9-12 teaching three classes. Her other hours are different from week to week and day to day. Evidently, research has shown that lifeguards remain more alert if they don't have the same schedule every day. So this pool has a time grid, and each person moves up one slot each week.

So today Lauren's schedule is 9-12 and 4-8. With a four hour break, she agreed to walk with me at the Shaw's Supermarket.

It took a little time for her to get the rhythm of supermarket walking, and I did have to reduce my zigging and zagging [how much can a 19-year old take?] so we didn't bump into each other. The only down side to taking her was that she now knows what fun goodies are available so close to home, and we did buy a few extra items like peach tea.

For her, walking by coffee cakes FOUR times without succumbing was most difficult. They smelled really good.

2 Comments:

  • "...walking by coffee cakes four times without sucumbing..." Were you the strong one here? I'd have caved after round two, at least!

    By Blogger The Green Cedar, at 9:44 PM  

  • At Lauren's age, I was also a swim instructor and lifeguard. I like her more every day! I'm so glad that you two are supporting each other through this - what a fabulous team you have.

    By Blogger Kristina, at 6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home