Plan B

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Moving Back into Circulation

Today was supposed to be my first day back to a client office. This client is a mid-size non-profit. They are the only client that I visit once a week, helping them with their database, accounting, and general technical support. I had arranged for a ride back and forth, but first I called to confirm that the payroll numbers were ready for me. I was told that payroll had already been done! No reason to come in. I left a simple message for the director that if she needed me, to call.

At 5:30, the real accountant called. She hadn't done payroll. This means that no one has done payroll. I have to figure out how to get there tomorrow or no one will get paid. Ridiculous!

The good news is, however, that I really practiced today. I have just finished two hours of etudes. Now, I am not moving really fast, and my fourths aren't absolutely perfect, but the amount of pain is completely tolerable! I was able to work through about half of the Kreutzer book and then I moved into the Rode Etudes et Caprices. This stuff is on the boring side, but will ensure that as I work myself back into shape, that I am not leaving holes in my foundation.

Perhaps tomorrow I will add some Beethoven Symphony excerpts. They are always good for this type of work, and I love them.

Hot weather has returned to Boston so the air conditioners have been turned back on. I really enjoyed the fresh air over the past few days, but until the steri-strips fall off, I am under the no-sweat rule. So the windows are closed and the a/c is on.

Tomorrow I am having some visitors so I think I should make banana bread tonight to have with our coffee. It will fill the house with the lovely smell of baking bread and be delicious.

1 Comments:

  • Ahhh, the troubles of the real world are back...missed deadlines, miscommunication, and the like. The world really hasn't stopped for cancer, has it?!

    Please take a taste of warm banana bread for me. Yummmmm! I will mentally join you and close my eyes to imagine your Beethoven pieces....maybe I'll put some Beethoven on the stereo right now, as a matter of fact. :-)

    By Blogger Kristina, at 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home