Plan B

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Olive Tapenade

6 anchovy fillets, soaked in milk overnight, drained, and patted dry
2 tablespooons Anchovy Paste
1 cup pitted olives [black or green; better not to mix though]
1/4 cup capers, roughly chopped
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 small red onion, roughly chopped

Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until a smooth, homogeneous paste if formed, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a jar, cover tightly, and store in the refrigerator up to two weeks. Makes 2 cups.

Serve with a rustic Italian bread or homemade focaccia bread.

2 Comments:

  • Susan,

    I am going to try these recipes, since I already know what they taste like. They don't look too hard, especially the tapenade.

    I also loved the lasagna with the walnuts... if you can tell me where to get that recipe at some point, I'd love to try that one.

    Beth W.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:14 PM  

  • Yum! I think I can actually do this one. I'm definitely going to try it.

    I hope to meet you when you are in Seattle!!

    SusanL

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home