Plan B

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Napping

How many hours can one person sleep in a 24 hour period? At the moment, I can only sleep for about 6 hours at a time, but then find myself crawling into bed about 5 hours later. Sleep for two hours, up for a few more before I crawl right back. The cat seems to enjoy the constant company.

I didn't know I could feel this tired, and I have some experience with being tired. I had a baby, who grew into a toddler, ran a non-profit that required at least 12 hours per day, traveled on tour, did I mention motherhood? Well, those stages of my life were only preparation for chemotherapy!

Dr. Roger and Nurse Jenn did warn me about this however, so I am not surprised. I am simply impatient. I want to feel better now!

3 Comments:

  • I hear you on the napping front. I sleep about 8 hours a night, but then I need three hours of sleep after every 5 hours of being awake the rest of the day. Sheeeeesh. You know, I thought when you got older you were supposed to need LESS sleep!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:23 PM  

  • Laura,

    Spent much of today [well the part that wasn't horizontal] going through the Soup & Stew book and thinking of you. The weather has me dreaming of black bean soup.

    Will let you know how the recipes I have marked come out.

    Thanks!

    By Blogger *susan*, at 8:45 PM  

  • Yawnnnnn. My doctor says that this will pass relatively quickly when chemo is done, and I can hardly wait! I'm glad you're getting the naps and sleep that you need, though.

    By Blogger Kristina, at 5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home