Plan B

Friday, October 21, 2005

Round 4, Day 3

I had several conversations yesterday that started with "Oh, I am so sorry that your last IV was so horrid." So, I should correct that assumption. Having two IV's inserted was hard, unexpected, but Nurse Judy did exactly the right thing.

Andromiacin [or however the heck you spell it on Decadron] is nasty stuff. If it gets under your skin, it burns, badly. She was right. This was too dangerous. And though the second insertion hurt more than I had anticipated, there is no pain or bruising in my hand now. Not even a little bit.

It wasn't horrid, and besides the two minutes of pain, no discomfort has followed. But thank you everyone for your concern.

Today Leslie's cousins will be arriving [we are up to two now] and I, with lots of Leslie help, am preparing a light lunch. Yes, puff pastry is involved! I started with a ham and cheese quiche, but Liza, the expectant mother, isn't eating meat now, so I have added a spinach and feta quiche to the menu. We will also serve a plate of fruit chunks: pineapple, apples and grapes.

The pies are already baked, the ham has already been cooked, the spinach has been blanched, so now we need to make the custard, grate cheese and cube fruit. For about 3 seconds I considered making a yogurt dressing for the fruit, but have decided to let the fruit sing on its own.

The best news is that I slept for 8 hours last night!!!!! I can't remember the last time I slept that long. I only wish I knew what I did differently yesterday so that I could duplicate this, but alas, I did absolutely nothing differently, so there is no key. So be it. I will take whatever is handed my way, and since this is a good thing, I will embrace it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home