Plan B

Monday, October 31, 2005

Apres-Chemo Celebration!

Yesterday Leslie and I hosted a post-chemo party for our support system. I chose a north Italian theme, and managed to produce a four-course meal. By all accounts, I did well.

We began with Antipasto. There was homemade foccacia bread, tapenades, smoked trout mousse, canellini beans with rosemary, Italian meat and cheese platters, and hearty rustic Italian breads. The primo course offered a choice of three pastas: mushrooms with a wine sauce, a lasagna, and pasta bolognase with four meats.

The segundo course was a milk roasted pork loin, stuffed roasted vegetables and roasted butternut squash. For dessert I made biscotti and a tiramisu. Now, I have never had tiramisu before, and this is really tasty stuff!

We started the evening with L. making a special drink which tasted much like a marguerita. The star of the show was the bottle; a naked female body with a Carmen Miranda type headgear. Absolutely hysterical! You mash limes in a glass, add the alcohol and then ice. It was fun!

There was much eating [though my fridge is filled with leftovers], laughter, and friendship. A wonderful evening for all.

2 Comments:

  • Damn robots...

    Northern Italian...Antipasto...foccacia...tapenades (plural????) Oh, yum!

    I'm so glad.

    Love & good food,
    gr

    By Blogger The Green Cedar, at 10:27 PM  

  • Susan,

    It's Beth W. That meal was absolutely amazing and I thank you again for having us all over. You really outdid yourself.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home