Plan B

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Thinking of Others

Each morning, I wake and 'commute' to my office across the hall. Generally I scan my email inbox, perhaps read one or two before heading to the kitchen for coffee. Since most of my clients are in the same time zone, most mornings there is little waiting for my attention.

This morning was different however. Two friends had sent emails and my thoughts are with both of them.

My dear friend Kristina had her first Taxol/Herceptin treatment yesterday. For some reason, she was anxious about this treatment; one of those unexplained trepidations. Since Kristina generally emails at least a short note when she gets home from the hospital, I was concerned as I headed to bed without having heard from her. In fact, I almost called, but since she has a young daughter with a cold, I didn't want to risk waking the sleeping toddler. This morning, her email had arrived. During her Taxol infusion, Kristina had had an allergic reaction. Measures were taken, she is fine, but it is all so scary and frightening.

And then Russ emailed a short and terse message.... "being evacuated. Let you know how we are doing when we can." A quick check at cnn.com and there is the story: San Fernando Valley, 7,000 acres burning, evacuation underway. So Russ, his wife and two young children are being sent to a shelter to wait.

Please keep both of my friends, and their families, in your thoughts today.

2 Comments:

  • Susan, thank you for extending the thoughts and prayers of your circle to include me. You're absolutely lovely.

    Your other friends are in my thoughts and prayers, as well. That fire is crazy (I've seen it on the news too), and I hope that their home is spared. PLEASE let us know when you hear something back from them, and keep us updated.

    As for me, I'm okay. Shell-shocked, but okay! I'm having a quiet day, as my mom & dad kept Tessa overnight and decided to play some more with her today in order to give me some down time.

    Love,
    Kristina

    By Blogger Kristina, at 12:56 PM  

  • Susan...thanks SO much for your positive vibes. We are all fine. The evacuation was a bit premature but fortunately the wind and weather was in our favor.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home