Plan B

Monday, September 26, 2005

Back to Good

It is now official: day 6 is the worst for me. Even with 9 hours of sleep last night, I was tired and slightly feverish for much of the day. I have now marked my calendar for the next round so that I remember not to schedule a darn thing.

And yet, it was a really lovely day. Beth W. came to visit at 11:00, carrying cheeses and crackers. These were wonderful! She brought a greek goat cheese, an Irish cheddar and a smoked mozzarella. For some reason the goat cheese really struck my fancy, and I nibbled to my heart's content. When she left, Beth had some tomatoes from the garden in a small bag along with some of that cheese. I hope that she was able to enjoy them with her homegrown lettuce tonight.

Leslie headed off to New Hampshire and I was on my own for a while, and darn if I didn't need a nap! At 2pm, the doorbell rang and it was the house cleaners. A full hour early. They took over my house with loud vacuums, and solvents, and sheer energy. In the middle of this whirlwind, my Dad arrived and was sent almost immediately to buy me a sandwich at Sherman's Cafe, my latest favorite.

And then David arrived in the evening with Thai food and a movie. Several folks called during dinner checking to make sure I was alright. I felt very cared for. We enjoyed the movie, and now it is quiet. David has gone home, my Dad is soundly asleep, and I have just finished a nice IM session with Lauren.

My fever is gone, and I am rebounding. Just a little more sleep and I will be as good as new.

1 Comments:

  • Susan,


    The tomatoes are fantastic. I have already eaten most of them and they are so tasty. Thanks very much.

    Beth W

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home