Plan B

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Moving Forward

Round 2, with the exception of the first day, has mirrored Round 1 almost exactly. I had forgotten how hard I worked during Round 1 to maintain my 8 on the susan-chemo scale, but was quickly reminded yesterday when I waited too long between snacks.

My day is filled with just taking care of myself.

8am, breakfast of oatmeal and coffee, take meds
10:30 am, melon smoothie and rye toast [yuck! Melon doesn't make a good smoothie]
12:30 pm, yogurt with boysenberry jam, take meds
2:30 pm, hummus & tszaksis
4:30 pm, two mini quiche [this was good!]
6:30 pm, can't remember!, take meds
8:30 pm, mashed taters and meatballs, take meds
10:30 pm, ice cream with chocolate sauce [thanks J.!]
plus, drink 3 litres of non-caffeinated liquid

And then it starts all over again this morning:
7am, mini Stonyfield smoothie, take meds [this lets Leslie sleep longer]
8:30 am, oatmeal and coffee

Tedious eh? On the flip side, I am having bursts of unexpected energy. Yesterday I organized all my hats into little cloth buckets, selected 'lite' books to take to the hospital and bagged them, swept the house, and arranged to try a new house cleaner. Today I plan to mend Leslie's tuxedo pants, make some waffle drawer linings from cloth, work on some MIT files, and I might even take a nap!

I have one client in crisis who needs me to look at their files, but this makes me very nervous, to say the least! Decadron and high-end thought are pretty much mutually exclusive. But they are on deadline, so not sure what the answer is there.

My friend Kristina's husband will be riding in the LiveStrong race in Portland this weekend. Think good thoughts and send them in that direction. He has raised close to $2,000 for cancer research in honor of his wife. May he have a wonderful ride.

Looks like Lauren will be coming home next weekend. She misses her square dancing on Friday nights, and I think she might just miss us too. Since Sarah will also be here, we will have a full and happy house. Good stuff!

1 Comments:

  • "I had forgotten how hard I worked during Round 1 to maintain my 8 on the susan-chemo scale..."

    And may I say how in awe I am of your approach! If you can sustain this, do stuff AND write some pretty nifty blog posts on a Decadron high... words fail me.

    Love & 8+,
    gr

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home