Plan B

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Day 2, the second

I just went back and reread last round's day 2, and today wasn't that much different. I woke early ready for that oatmeal and was able to drink coffee [YAY!]

I then emailed Nurse Jenn. There was no question that the six hours following the chemo yesterday was far more difficult than the first round had been. My guess was that the pre-chemo drug that is sent through my drip, the decadron, had been reduced. Her response confirmed my suspicions. The decadron had been reduced to almost half. We will discuss this, but I have no doubt that I would do better with a little more.

Today's hospital visit included the Nuelasta shot and an ultrasound. I found out at checkin that Judy was NOT available; Nurse Paula was my substitute. I admit that I pouted, but the options are limited. Nurse Judy was in a required CPR training class, Nurse Paula was not.

I was sent to the floater chair again, and this time did not request something more private. Nurse Paula asked many questions, all intelligent, and then really listened to all the answers. When we got to the needle part, I had to give her the full rundown. "Hate needles, will cling to arm chair to transfer pain to that arm, this is why they make them so strong, am a wimp, a very strong and determined wimp, will look away, will hate it, but will not faint." The woman across the way who was having her chemo treatment, started to laugh out loud. She bellowed "Well aren't you great?" We smiled at each other, and the needle went in. Not so bad.

Onto the ultrasound where they found nothing of concern. More good news!

On the way home we stopped at Whole Foods to find something that might appeal to me. On sale, lamb which we will turn into kabobs with tomatoes from the garden, onion and mushrooms. Even now the cucumbers are draining so I can make Tzaikis, along with hummus. I bought pre-made tabouli to which I will add some mint and lemon juice which freshens it up. Great dinner and fabulous small protein snacks for tomorrow.

Sounds good doesn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home