Plan B

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Cory Takes a Stroll

Cory had her first outing today!

A small consulting firm in Cambridge, MA has chosen me to write a database for them. The negotiations and proposals had, to date, been done via email and phone calls. Today was our first face-to-face meeting. Meeting new clients is always a challenge. I am not particularly corporate, so choosing the correct outfit is the first challenge. Today I had an additional decision: au natural, do-rag/hat or Cory [the wig]?

The outfit chosen included an Asian style cream jacket with black denim jeans and black clogs. Yea, Cory would work with this. First time on, Cory looked really odd. Whoops! She was on sideways! Once on straight, I was a totally different person. [I can not begin to describe the feeling I have when looking a mirror and someone I don't know looks back!]

And so Cory hit the road. One person at this meeting knew something wasn't right, but of course, was too polite to say anything. I used every bit of energy at my disposal to stay focused, to sound intelligent and to take decent notes. By the time I returned home, I was spent but the meeting went well. Cory did her job well and is sitting on the stand waiting for her next date.

1 Comments:

  • I didn't know you could put a wig on sideways. The things you teach me...

    Thoughts of both Kristina and Russ...and you.

    Love,
    gr

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home