Plan B

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Progress Report

I am very impatient. I felt so much better yesterday, that I expected to feel even better today. And I do, but not as much better as I would have liked.

I overcame my fear of water, and took a shower which means I feel fresh and clean. A wonderful sensation. I have now determined that I have lost some sensation in my upper arm, but all my fingers seem to have their full touch. I continue to reduce the vicodan and have substituted tylenol. I will save the stronger stuff for night time sleep.

To be honest, I am just a tad bored. I can't lift anything, so cleaning out bookcases or closets is out of the question. Reading while still medicated feels hard if the book actually has plot lines that need to be followed. I am not supposed to sweat on the incision, so moving out of the air conditioning seems imprudent. I have had several long and wonderful phone calls with friends and a short nap. Now what?

Not doing anything is the hardest thing in the world for me to do!

But, I just got a call... visitors are coming! I must go fluff my new pixie-doo.

4 Comments:

  • Show us the pixie do! Show us the pixie do!

    Hehehe.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:50 PM  

  • I agree with Laura, above! I want to see your cute new do!

    Sitting still is hard work, isn't it? Much harder than working, I'm finding out...

    Kristina

    By Blogger Kristina, at 5:37 PM  

  • Nothing like breast cancer to educate us in waiting around...do they call that patience? Hard to not do when one is used to doing!

    By Blogger The Green Cedar, at 8:18 PM  

  • I'm adding my vote for pics of the pixie-lated Susan.

    Now how can we make you enjoy relaxing and keep your mind going but not making it work?

    My first thought is forcing you to watch old sitcoms ... I Love Lucy, The Dick Van Dyke Show, Mary Tyler Moore ... etc. You need to laugh.

    Second thought is something you can do online and I think you'd enjoy. Watch/listen to performances on the Millennium Stage at The Kennedy Center. Sadly, they use Real Player, but the concerts are great. You can watch live daily at 6PM ET.

    http://www.kennedy-center.org/programs/millennium/

    (Pixie cut ... Pixie cut)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home