Plan B

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Forgetting to be Sick

This morning I awoke too early [based on bed time] because I was just uncomfortable. Finding sleeping positions that don't cause irritation is a nightly battle. It was actually easier when I was drugged. I simply didn't move at all, because, well, I was very drugged. But I am no longer drugged, and so I wake up frequently.

Leslie and I then headed down to the Shaw's plaza for our morning walk. Since I am looking for a pedometer, we stopped in Bob's Store. I have never been to Bob's store because they advertise themselves as a sports store. They are NOT a sport store. They sell clothing that make you look like you might play sports and some Red Sox memorabilia. (Since last Fall, there isn't a store in the area that doesn't sell stuff with the Red Sox logo, so this does not a sports store make.) When we asked one of the many sales staff if they had a pedometer, the answer was "what is that?" They did have swim goggles, but no pedometer. But while there, Leslie saw some shorts. The exact kind he hadn't been able to find this summer. While he viewed and tried on, I walked the store in circles until he was ready to leave.

We then walked to the other side of the plaza to make a deposit, and then returned, past the Bob's Store to walk at the Shaws. The excitement of remembering to buy a mop head faded the moment it became clear that we had bought the wrong size. Why are there so many sizes anyhow? So while Leslie got his $7.99 returned, I walked the entire store. And then when he was making his one purchase, I walked it again.

The biggest problem with the Shaws Supermarket is that I don't actually want to eat anything they sell. Oh, canned Goya beans are fine, as are Triscuits or Thomas English Muffins, but the vegetables are awful! And the meat isn't much better. For real food, we have to go elsewhere.

Since we are almost out of our coffee, we headed crosstown to the Whole Foods. While Leslie weighed the beans we use for our own house blend and met the new coffee roaster, I walked the store. Up the aisles and down the aisles. I found the tomato soup I liked. Returned it to the basket, and then did the store again.

I am exhausted! Sometime this morning, I simply forgot that I was sick and started going for some kind of masectomy after-care walking record. Dumb, dumb, dumb. But, I have a date with Leslie for 4:00 pm. We are going to take a nap!

2 Comments:

  • Girlfriend, I hear you 100% on this one. I exhaust myself on a regular basis, and I don't know how to stop. If you learn the secret, let me know!

    By Blogger Kristina, at 3:40 PM  

  • If you get a metal tast in your mouth, suck on sour candy or I did well on spearmint lifesavers. Honestly it will help.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home