Plan B

Thursday, February 23, 2006

More About Hair

Today, I had a trim. An honest to goodness, cut off hair trim!

None of the hair on my head is even a half an inch long, but the hair around my ears and along the back of my neck looked scraggley. If I am going to have really, really short hair, I want it to look like I mean it. It really is all about the attitude, after all.

While waiting for my haircut, I chatted with some of the women who work in the shop. They all remember the day we shaved my head, and it helps them when I talk about my diagnosis and treatment. I mentioned Cory [my wig,] and the woman beside me who was waiting for her cut laughed and then she started to talk. Her husband had 15 years of bad health before dieing, and when she retired she made sure that she signed up for the company sponsored health insurance.

Then she began to talk about her niece. Her niece was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 27. Her father, a doctor, insisted that she have all the treatments available. This niece is a 25 year survivor!!!!! How wonderful to hear these stories.

1 Comments:

  • "It really is all about the attitude..." Right on, sister! I'm crazy about my new butch look (with big earrings) and know you will give good attitude...

    Love & survival in triumph,
    gr

    By Blogger The Green Cedar, at 10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home