Plan B

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Details....

Today's post is not going to be in story form. There are no stories right now, just lots of small details that when taken together create a life.

This past weekend I was a substitute in a regional orchestra. Since they called at the last moment, I scrambled to get back into playing shape and to learn all the notes. Well, my body did alright not becoming sore until about hour 9 of the rehearsals. What was harder was the mental stuff; keeping my concentration for extended periods of time. I have put this on my list of things to work on. During treatment, the drugs and chaos inside my head have deteriorated the length of time that I can think about just one thing.

I went to a physical therapy appointment last week, and Kevin was able to identify places in my body that need help quickly. I have a series of four exercises that I should do each day. Though I haven't been perfect about doing them multiple times daily, the work I have done seems to be helping. The sessions are paid out-of-pocket until I hit $500, but I have decided that getting my body back is worth the money and have scheduled more sessions.

Thursday afternoon Leslie and I are going to see Lauren in her play at college. We will meet my parents at the hotel, before heading to dinner and the show. After the performance, we will have a little time with Lauren in the student union before we head back to the hotel. In the morning, Leslie and I will have breakfast with a friend who lives nearby before heading over to the college to take Lauren out to lunch after her morning classes.

The aromasin and I have a fairly uneasy relationship with each other. The bone pain and aches are a constant reminder that I am still in a battle. The headaches are becoming more frequent. Right now the headaches are a low-level, dull pain. Another reason to pop more pills. So many pills every day. The insomnia is very annoying. Lying in bed, wide awake or even lightly dozing, is just not fair! And in the past few days, the 'radiation' fatigue has returned. My days are filled with finishing files, and doing other follow-up database work. Lots of small jobs that need to be done before we leave on our trip.

The trip is almost upon us. And I am so looking forward to getting on that plane!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home