Plan B

Monday, January 23, 2006

Has it Been That Long?

Blogs don't lie, right? So, I must not have been writing here.

This means that I am moving forward [mostly.] I am still waiting for my nails to grow in/fall off and for my burns to heal 100%, well and of course, to have hair that is measurable again, but otherwise yea, I am basically moving forward.

Time is now filled with writing databases, proposals to write databases, household chores, reading the morning papers, researching houses and areas in France, and of course, cooking. The database work on the horizon is shrinking, but you never know what might show up. One client has decided that hold-ups on her end mean that she needs to delay her installation until April. Another client had their IT person up and leave with no notice, so no one knows what their server capabilities are, so another delay. This means that time is freed up for other projects.

Then last week the phone rang and it was a nice guy named Fred. I had met with Fred last April. Then I met with him again with three level of bosses and made a proposal. And then a few phone calls, a few emails and then silence. Needless to say, I didn't push. I was getting infused with chemo by then. Well, now the project is funded [big time!!!!] and they want to move quickly. Quickly by my definition is 'start next week,' but at this large institution, they mean bill half the project before July 1, and half after. Bottom line is, I meet with five levels of the hierarchy next week and then we get started.

So you never know what will happen, or when. I have been very lucky that not only are my current clients patient and loyal, but then just when I need some extra time, one client or another will change their timeline.

Tuesday the kid returns once again. This is the January break between her J-term and Spring Term. She has really worked hard during J-term and it sounds as though she could use the break. I will try to do a few fun things with her while she is home, but mostly she will sleep.


I am still active with my online support group which I find very helpful. I am starting to have some of the Aromasin side effects, and it is comforting to compare with others who are taking the same drugs. But here we are, months later, planning our trip and still post-treatment!

1 Comments:

  • Quote:
    "I am still active with my online support group" . . . .
    and I am so glad you are, Susan!

    I have been so encouraged and inspired by your journey.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home