Plan B

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Planning a Trip

Over the past few weeks our trip to France has begun to take shape. As I finalize plans, I am getting more and more excited. It almost feels real!

We land in Paris and will head directly to Anne and Henri's apartment in the 17th arr, joining them for breakfast. Anne and Henri will be heading out on a ski vacation, and have insisted that we use their apartment while we are in Paris. While in Paris, we will see Thomas and his new wife, and Charlotte and her ever-growing family. I received an email yesterday that Julien-Pierre, who I have not seen in many years, will be making a special trip just to see us during our visit. My other favorite cousin, Elizabeth, has had to move to Luxembourg, so we will not see them. [I am thinking there is another trip in our future perhaps!]

This is our fourth trip to Paris together [though it is my sixth.] We are open to any 'off the beaten path' suggestions. We have been to all the Michelin three star spots, and most of the two. We have also been to some spots that only I would love. Leave a message: "If I were in Paris for nine days, I would make sure I went to _________________________ ."

Nine days later we will take the TGV [fast train] down to Toulouse where we will spend two nights in a hotel. Now it is Saturday and it is time to head to our gite, or rented house, in Olonzac where for a week we will explore the southern Languedoc region. Some nights we will eat out, but most days we will use the well-equipped kitchen to prepare foods we purchase at market.

We will head back to Paris via Dijon where we have rented a small apartment in the center of town for three nights. An early TGV will return us to the airport before our flight home.

How wonderful does all of this sound? Yea, that is what I think too.

3 Comments:

  • A well-deserved treat and reward for a lot of hard work. Pictures! I'm looking for pictures!

    Love & up, up & away,
    gr

    By Blogger The Green Cedar, at 5:39 PM  

  • Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:12 PM  

  • Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home