Plan B

Friday, November 04, 2005

Friday Musings

Posting recipes is easy. Figuring out how I feel, and writing about it seems to be harder. The party on Sunday night was fabulous! You know, I have a great group of friends. It was wonderful to have them all in one place, enjoying each other's company.

Leslie and I went through the leftovers, freezing smaller portions for those nights that no one wants to cook. We are still eating the few items that don't freeze well, like the tapenade, but since we both love tapenade, no problems! I also sent my Dad home with a pan of the walnut/cheese lasagna. That should keep my parents fed for at least a week too.

But then Sunday through Tuesday my stomach was not happy. I have gone from someone who never gets sick and owns no over the counter medications to someone with a box full of remedies. Slowly I worked my way through them, accompanied by ginger ale, and I have settled down. I am still being careful to eat food that is easy to digest, just in case.

By Thursday I was able to start working again. However, I have lost my enthusiasm. Maybe it was meeting with the doctors that will control my next 7 weeks, or that my emotional reservoir is empty. It doesn't really matter. I have to get back to work; we don't have enough money to make our December mortgage. How I feel is irrelevant. I must get back to work.

The best news is that tomorrow I will be on an airplane on my way to Seattle!!!!! I will be staying in West Seattle with my friend Kristina. Gretchen will arrive with her overnight bag on Sunday morning, and breakfast has been promised! We plan to go to the Farmer's Market, finding flowers and good food. Together we will make dinner before Susan [the other one] and Michele come over for desert and wine. During my stay, I will also visit with my friend Leonid. Leonid and I were stand partners for at least three years and he is currently a member of the Seattle Symphony.

This trip is my carrot right now. I will take my computer and attempt to work at least a few hours each day. [Of course, I always need to be available virtually, in case a client has a melt-down.] I can't wait to be sitting in Kristina's house with my two new friends, chatting and laughing, enjoying time with these two special women.

1 Comments:

  • I read this after we spoke today. Your trip has been a carrot for me, too - I've been looking forward to it for what seems like forever! I can't wait to see you this evening. We girls are going to have a wonderful time, whether it's exploring Seattle or doing absolutely nothing, and I can't think of anything I'd rather be doing.
    As for mortgages...boy, do I understand financial pressure right now. I can't fix it (for you or for me!), but I can say that you needn't spend any money once you're here...we're all set. Just hurry up and get here!

    By Blogger Kristina, at 2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home