Plan B

Monday, November 21, 2005

And it continues.....

Today was Day 7 of my radiation, and I am starting to feel it. I have one sore spot that actually caused me to wake during the night. The odd thing about this is, nothing looks pink or red. So what does that mean? More lotion perhaps, and less turning during the night.

This week, radiation is Sunday through Wednesday so only one day off over the weekend. Yesterday, I brought the other patients and staff a homemade cranberry/walnut bread. Yup, I am sucking up! But these people are so darn nice. It is the small things like covering the breast that isn't being radiated, having my cd in the stereo when I arrive, and pretending to be interested in who I am. If I am treated like a real human being, I am willing to bake bread.

We are heading into Thanksgiving preparation time. My house cleaners haven't been in a while [my fault] so we need to clean at least the first floor. I need to prepare the kitchen for the cooking frenzy, clearing all the counter tops of unneeded items. Items often move up from the basement storage and don't return when we are done with them. So, they all need to be carried back down. I need to create a shopping list for each of the stores that provide food for this dinner, and then I need to actually buy those items. Since I don't have a car until Tuesday night, I need to be particularly organized. Tomorrow's Shaw's Supermarket and Spa trip will be done in my zipcar, and I don't want to pay for more time than required.

Since I am still regaining my energy, the sheer amount of work it will take to feed 14 people seems daunting. I will put my database files to the side for the next several days. [But, not after billing three large clients!! Yes, we will pay December's mortgage!]

But, what I also know is that once we are sitting at the table, enjoying each other's company and the food, it will all be worth the effort.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home