Plan B

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Round 4 is Coming

In twelve hours, I will begin my final A/C treatment. I am both filled with dread, and excited to get through this stage of the protocol. Tonight we prepared by eating salty food at the Greek Restaurant, and I am now drinking as much water as I can tolerate.

Tomorrow will be my last meeting with Nurse Jenn. I will miss her, and only wish that we had met under different circumstances. I have many questions for her tomorrow though. My skin is degenerating on my face and on my torso. I am getting open sores, and I haven't even started radiation yet. I want to know how long I should continue to take the heartburn and stool softeners, when we are scheduling the genetic tests, and if my oncologist thinks I need to have a hysterectomy. And finally, my node incision has started to hurt again as well. I suspect that this is related to the skin problems mentioned above, but I want her to look and give me some feedback. If I need to see my surgeon, I should make that appointment soon.

My radiation planning has been scheduled for November 1st. Unfortunately, Dr. MaryAnn only does radiation planning on Tuesday afternoons, one of the two afternoons that Leslie is not available. My mother has offered to go with me, but isn't completely sure that she can keep her mouth shut and only take notes. However, she has not seen me since before my surgery in August. I think she hasn't wanted to intrude, and this would be the perfect way for her to be involved and see me again. I am considering her offer and already know that in the long run, I will accept.

Friday we are having an unexpected visit from one of Leslie's first cousins, Jo, who I really like. She lives in Chicago and is coming East to see her daughter who works down on the south coast of the state. Though she generally flies into Providence, this time the flights to Boston were cheaper. After she lands, she will head to the house and visit until her daughter arrives to take her away. I am looking forward to seeing her again, and am so pleased that she called.

Ugh. I can't wait to get to Tuesday.

1 Comments:

  • God bless Nurse Jenn -- I'm glad you met her, too.

    So many things to think about; decisions to juggle; information to gather.

    May tomorrow have something in it to make you smile, anyway.

    Love & the last time!
    gr

    By Blogger The Green Cedar, at 10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home