Plan B

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Post 101

Should I have a party? I never thought that I could do anything consistently, and here I am with 100 blog posts. Yup, it was just yesterday that I wondered what I could possibly share on a daily basis, and look at me now. My fingertips are calloused, my eyes are strained from reading on screen text, and this blog has become a part of my daily existence.

I am now on Day 8... it was one week ago today that I had those drugs fed through my arm. This morning, my email inbox had an appointment reminder.... "Don't forget, one week from today you have a medical appointment." Nope, hadn't forgotten that even for a moment!

To manage my stuff, I still need to eat regularly in smaller portions. I tried eating a slightly larger meal last night [Thai food, new restaurant, very good] but at 11:30, I still needed a snack. So it was an interesting experiment, but I am now going to stick to the small snack routine. The hardest snack is first thing in the morning. The rest of the day is manageable since I know the magic moment is about to arrive and can prepare ahead of time.

I am managing to sleep without drugs, and my sleep leaves me rested. Now that I am drinking to thirst, as Nurse Jenn calls it, I don't need to wake up as frequently during the night either. If this continues, I will now get 6 days of good energy before we begin this cycle all over again.

But my BEST news is that Lauren needs/wants her bicycle. And to get a bicycle to her someone has to deliver it. [See where this is going?] So tomorrow morning Leslie and I are packing the bicycle into the car, gathering up some tomatoes, bread and pesto, and heading West. It will be an extremely short visit since indeed Lauren needs to go to class, train for crew and do all these other college things, but I am very much looking forward to seeing her.

This trip, I am going to make sure that we get a picture with the two of us while I still have hair.

1 Comments:

  • And 101 posts for we who care about you to read. Rock on, sister!

    Love & calluses,
    gr

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home