Plan B

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Getting Help

My friend Gretchen cautions me. She senses that I am doing too much for others, not taking care of myself quite enough. She is probably right. [Okay, she is definately right!]

But, how do I change what gives me pleasure just because I have breast cancer? Should I? Is it okay to keep doing what makes me happy until I don't have that energy anymore? Or should I be preserving energy for the next rounds? In fact, can you store energy that way?

I love the depth of Gretchen's thoughts. So often she finds ways to help me calm the chaos in my brain. She would say that this is a gift from BC.... I just think she is the gift.

1 Comments:

  • You do get right to the key question, don't you? I am so glad you're doing what makes you happy -- I have a tendency to wonder about the motives we have for "doing" for others. But if it makes you happy...I mean, is there any question, really?

    And right back at you, sweetie.
    Love and happy,
    gr

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home