Plan B

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Night Before

It is 1:15 am and I really should be sleeping. I have my bag packed for the chemo infusion room. I have my wallet with that all-important insurance card. I have packed a book. I have two cards from my two b/c sisters in Seattle. I have a pink ribbon attached to my bag. I have my iPod loaded with music chosen by Lauren. And, I have a silk scarf that was owned by my Aunt Kit, who introduced me to great music and died of breast cancer in 1981. In the morning, I will add my phone and all the drugs.

I have drunk 2 litres of water to hydrate my veins, eaten some salt to puff myself up and some drugs to keep me free and clear.

In the morning, I plan to eat a little oatmeal [though I don't usually eat breakfast] along with my usual coffee, shower, and then head to the hospital for my 9:30 am meeting with Nurse Jenn.

I am ready. Scared and anxious, but ready to fight this thing that threatens my happiness. Now I need to get some sleep.

5 Comments:

  • Susan,

    My thoughts and prayers will be with you today.

    Love Nancy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:39 AM  

  • Susan,


    I have been thinking of you a lot and am sending positive thoughts and energy your way. (I am writing this as you are most likely arriving at the hopsital.)

    Beth W

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:23 AM  

  • Susan, I can't stop thinking about you. You WILL be fine, but I don't envy you your first chemo...it's a daunting prospect, facing those needles. I will call you from my chemo chair later today. :-) We really ARE in this together!

    By Blogger Kristina, at 11:50 AM  

  • Hi Susan,

    We have not spoken. I am Kristina's "other friend Susan" in Seattle. I'm attending chemo with Kristina today. I have begun regularly reading your blog and feel like a practically know you and your family. Please know that Kristina and I will both be thinking of you today and will certainly be checking to see how everything went. I hope you will do as well as I've seen Kristina do. My fingers are crossed for you.

    Best,
    Susan Landahl

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:15 PM  

  • Susan, the silk scarf that belonged to your Aunt Kit -- well it brought tears. One thing about breast cancer is that we join a long line of women, past and future, and any link is precious. I'm so glad you have it.

    Love and silk for memory,
    gr

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home