Plan B

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Small Protein Gifts

L. came by yesterday. Her violin needs a little work, her bow is need of a rehair, maybe more. I don't know. I don't generally get involved in Leslie's instrument repair visit. In fact, I don't generally know when folks I like are dropping by.

However, Leslie let me know that L. was coming by, so I pulled off my almost-pj bottoms, and threw on some jeans so I could greet her.

She brought me a present!!! A present to share with Leslie. She had read about my small protein needs, and brought these beautiful, individually vacuum-wrapped tenderloin steaks. Perfect! Leslie grilled them for dinner, with some garlic mashed potatoes and small petite peas. How delicious! I was able to eat about 1/2 of mine, while the rest is sitting in the refrigerator waiting the appropriate snack opportunity.

L. went home with three lovely tomatoes right off the vine, with enough basil to do some damage. I hope that she enjoyed it tremendously with her dinner.

Around 11:30, I needed another stomach coater and so I opted to have some of the J & K sundae fest ice cream that was still sitting in the freezer with some of the chocolate syrup.

Today is a new drug regimen so I have no idea how I will feel. No more Emend, lower doses of decadron, everything else is optional. Right now I feel queasy, but hope that goes away when the oatmeal is done. I hear that fatigue may start to set in, but again, we will just have to see.


I am expecting a few friends to stop by and visit. Diversions would be a good way to spend the day! Otherwise, my plans are minimal on Day 4.

1 Comments:

  • For me, Sunday is usually an okay day (though low energy) and then Monday night I hit my lowest energy. Tuesdays, I'm a new woman. We'll see if you follow the pattern!

    Keep listening to your body - it's telling you what to do, and it seems that you're responding very well and avoiding further symptoms. HURRAH!

    By Blogger Kristina, at 5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home