Plan B

Monday, August 15, 2005

Tests, Tests, Tests

This week is all about tests. I have received four approvals for the scans ordered by my medical oncologist. Tomorrow I start at 9:30 with an injection, and then I run down Brookline Ave to drink a nasty solution. An hour after drinking, I will have my CT scan. There will be some time to kill, but I will now need to drink water, before we head back to the first area for the bone scan. All told, we should be at the hospital for about 4 and half hours.

My Dad had a CT scan this year. He recommends sleeping during the test. He did, and didn't feel claustrophobic even a little bit!

Thursday I return to the hospital for the MUGA scan. Three tests a week seems like enough to me!

2 Comments:

  • I never found a CT scan to be at all claustrophobic, so hope it will be comfortable for you. Not a thing to be done about that godawful stuff they make you drink, though. Yuck!

    All the best for your long day.

    By Blogger The Green Cedar, at 11:58 PM  

  • Hi Susan, It's Beth W again. I'll be thinking about you this week. Sorry for the unpleasantness you have to deal with. I will be sending many good vibes your way.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home