Plan B

Friday, August 12, 2005

A Full Day

Today was my first full day client visit since my surgery on July 15th. I managed a 9-hour day [if you include the commute, which I most certainly do!] I am totally and completely exhausted from my efforts.

However, this client is preparing for the annual audit, and I must run the reports to document the yearly in/outflows. Generally, I spend one day per week at this client, but since they are a music school, I am going to take a medical leave. It seems dumb to go to a location which has at least 1800 people tromping through per week, most of whom are in elementary school and leave germs on every single door handle, while I am immune suppressed. So to prepare for this leave, I must get these audit reports completed.


The back edge of my node incision appears to be getting infected. We are trying a topical anti-biotic cream to treat it. Clearly, I would prefer that these incisions would just heal already. It has been a month now, and I am ready to be 100%! If by Monday the incision still seems puffy, I will need to call my surgeon and have her take a look.

For the first time since June, I had nightmares last night. Clearly, I am concerned about chemo through an IV and shots in my stomach. I am not sure how I can distract myself during the next few weeks, but helping Lauren get ready for college should be a start. Good news is that since I am so tired right now, I bet I will sleep well tonight. In fact, I am counting on it!

2 Comments:

  • Yep, sounds familar -- new stuff and what will it be like and how will it feel and what will life be like... My wish for you is that it's all a whole lot easier than you expect!

    By Blogger The Green Cedar, at 8:53 PM  

  • I'm so glad you got in a "normal" day - for me, those days make all the difference. The nightmares are another story, though, and I'm so sorry. I can only hope that the nightmares are in no way reflections of reality, and that you feel only the mildest of discomforts as you go through this. It is possible, and it is what I wish for you. You can do this, I know you can, and you will be fine...but it will be much easier to feel fine once you've experienced it and gotten through it, no doubt!
    As for the distractions of Lauren, well, praise Lauren. I'm so glad you have this to keep you going. :-)

    By Blogger Kristina, at 8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home