Plan B

Sunday, August 14, 2005

New Toy

Costco is a marvelous place. Each week there are about 20 sale items with prices that can't be beat anywhere! If you happen to want/need what they happen to have on sale, it is like hitting the lottery. Last week was just such a week.

With the upcoming chemo regimen, I felt that I needed a new blender. My current blender is avocado green and was a hand-me-down from my grandmother. That was in 1987. Who knows how long she had owned it before then. So this blender, though a fine machine in its day, isn't up to what I am going to need. Ice chips.

To reduce the chance of mouth sores, it is recommended that you suck on ice chips both during the infusion and for two days after. Some women find that the only thing they want to eat are cold frappes [milk shakes everywhere else in the world besides Massachusetts.] Cold is really good, and my avocado green blender is not up to this task.

And Costco had the top-of-the-line, ice-breaking-machine at-any-speed, KitchenAid blender on sale this week for a song. I bought a bright red one. It matches my stand mixer, a gift from my friend Laura when she was replacing it with a swivel head version, and they look very handsome side by side.

This has added a new component to my diet- Smoothies! We have been awash in smoothies for the last week made with yogurt, bananas, frozen berries and ice. Absolutely delicious!

Off for my walk which I have had to miss for the past two days since I didn't have a way to get to my Shaw's Supermarket and Spa. Already done 3 hours of work. Looks like another productive day in spite of the oppressive heat.

1 Comments:

  • Yep, sounds like a groove!

    The avocado green would be a tip-off to anybody familiar with appliance fashions. I don't know, but it sounds early '70's to me. Congratulations on the new bright red one. Especially red.

    Enjoy your smoothies...they can be a godsend. I added protein powder to mine, which tasted funny but I think boosted nutrition. I predict, however, knowing our *susan*, that you'll have a recipe file of them in short order.

    By Blogger The Green Cedar, at 1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home