Plan B

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Groovy!

Following a late breakfast, I had the house to myself. Leslie was off playing two wedding gigs, and Lauren was at the pool working. I turned on some non-classical music, and finished last week's client file enhancements. And then I started a new project. This project is small and is just data modeling for an IT guy who is out of his league.

I still can't get back to the two onerous projects, but I am just not inspired to work on them. In fact, if I didn't have to work for a living, I would love to scrap all the work I have done, and start over. What I know is that if I did that, I would still end up at this point and be uninspired.

But, at least I was productive today in spite of the horrific heat. The rest of the day was spent doing some research, emailing friends and family, returning some phone calls, and getting dinner started. Maybe, just maybe, I have my groove back!

2 Comments:

  • That's the thing about your groove - one day you can't find it, and the next day you can find it fully functioning right there with you. It does indeed sound to me like you've found yours, at least for a while. Hurrah! Enjoy it! :-)

    By Blogger Kristina, at 9:59 AM  

  • Hear her, hear her... Let's hear it for grooves, be they classical, non-classical or practical!

    By Blogger The Green Cedar, at 1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home