Plan B

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Still Wigless.....

but I have very clean feet!

Yesterday's second consultation at the wig store did not result in a wig. Clearly this shop serves many women well. They have grown year after year. They win Best of Boston awards regularly. They are written up frequently in medical magazines, especially about their alopecia patients. There are guest books filled with glowing thank you's from grateful clients. But for some reason, we just didn't click on any level.

It turns out when you are talking about hair, it is important to click. This is why we all have preferences about who cuts our hair, who sees us bald, and who helps us with this rather prominent feature of what we present to the world. So, I am looking for some wig store ideas, and welcome any comments if you know of one you like.

Lauren and I started the day visiting one of my clients. She sat in the lounge while I did some post-installation 'tweaks.' As expected, these tweaks only took about an hour, and then we were free to head crosstown for lunch and our spa day. Following a light lunch at a Thai restaurant, we prepared for pampering. I received a pedicure from Sandra, while Lauren was treated to a pedicure and manicure with Bella.

My feet were cleaned, rubbed, pumiced and massaged before she began an elaborate ritual of applying polish. Yes I am 46 and I have never had polish on any of my nails. I didn't realize that there were four layers of this stuff. First there is a clear base layer, then she added two layers of color [I was not wild, and went with natural], before applying a final sealer. Having my toes separated was an odd sensation, but I did enjoy the massaging and the pumice stone.

It was a lovely time together, and my feet feel very clean!

2 Comments:

  • Welcome to Girlyville! I hope that this is a treat you will choose to enjoy again. The polish is merely a side effect - the pampering and girl-time are where it's at. Good for Lauren for introducing you - now hopefully you'll be up for it when you come to Seattle to see Gretchen and I. :-)

    By Blogger Kristina, at 12:40 PM  

  • I'm definitely getting a new pedicure soon...but am always up for another one with girlfriends! Remember, we can LEARN from our children...:-)
    Love,
    gr

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home