Plan B

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Girls Day Out

Today, after my paper deprivation moment, Lauren and I headed north to New Hampshire for a day of shopping. Now for those of you who know us, you know that Lauren and I view shopping very differently. I am at best a reluctant shopper, while Lauren considers heading to the stores to be a mini-vacation.

So off we went, talking about the excitement of heading to school, parties she has gone to lately, and our list of must buys. Once in Nashua, we headed straight to Best Buy in search of yet another refrigerator. [We have a really nice 4.4 cubic foot one downstairs that we bought last week, but the college forbids machines larger than 2.5.] Lauren and I had done our research and had narrowed down our choices to a Sanyo machine at Best Buy or a Kenmore from Sears.

The Best Buy parking lot was a nightmare. Like locusts, the entire world seemed to be fighting for the one available parking spot. So we headed to the underground garage. Once in the store, we headed towards the refridgerator signs and discovered a display of compact models. And, our model was marked down $50! So much for checking more than one store. SOLD!

From there we headed to EMS to look at messenger bags, Office Depot for Lauren's favorite spiral bound notebooks. By now, we were both hungry and headed to find lunch. Now Nashua is not a gourmet destination. Most of the restaurants are either fast food or chains, but we selected a BBQ spot I had never even noticed before. Not a bad lunch and since we ate so late, it will also double as dinner.

A quick stop at Costco, and we had everything on the college list!

Lauren made fun of me for much of the day. She actually said I wasn't hip enough to have a messenger bag we found at EMS. I returned that I was the definition of middle age cool. I am sad to report that she snorted!

We had so much fun together. It is now all up to Lauren to pack all her stuff so that it will fit into her half of a 264 square foot room. This will be a challenge for my pack-rat kid!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home