Plan B

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The Countdown

Lauren Move Out: 5 days
Susan Chemo: 8 days

I may have said this before. Preparing for chemo and Lauren's departure at the same time is really surreal. The best way for me to manage is to compartmentalize as much as possible. Most of the time this works.

My prescriptions are now at the local Costco, which is also not honoring their original price for Emend, but at this point, I just don't really care. The final price is in the $300 per chemo range which is laughable, except that I will have to pay for it.

The Wig saga continues this afternoon when I return to the Wig Shop and make a final selection. My Mother, and this is funny, said "Don't outsource your hair!" She wants me to be pampered and taken care of. So, I will return to the full service hair shop and let them do their thing which includes more pampering than I have done in a life time.

And Lauren and I are going for pedicures tomorrow, together. This is one place where the two sets of preparations can intersect. Lauren LOVES pedicures and manicures. I, on the other hand, have never done either. This seemed like a nice way to spend some time together while doing another 'pampering' thing.


I do agree with my Mom though. Now is the time to let people help and to take care of myself.

1 Comments:

  • HI Susan, Beth W. here. Call me or have Leslie call if/when you need me to come over. I am thinking of you all a lot.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home