Plan B

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Just Another Day

Isn't that a wonderful thing to say? Today was all about cleaning up my follow up and to do list.

I started my day being to touch with both existing and potential clients. I was able to set up a slew of appointments between now and the advent of chemo.

I then called a fellow database developer who was diagnosed on June 1, 2004, just a year earlier than me. I had received an email from her welcoming a call from me. Even though she was packing for a two week vacation, she took a lot of time to discuss her dx, and to ask questions about mine.

It turns out that our diagnosis are almost identical with a few distinct differences. Barb's tumor was smaller, but she had positive nodes and had them all removed. We are both Stage IIa. But our treatment protocols are identical. She offered to send all her head coverings, some catalogs that she had collected, and to be an ear for the future. Barb is also a database developer running her own shop, and is willing to share some of the strategies she used to maintain her billable hours while in treatment. Unlike some of my friends, her journey through chemo and radiation was hard. I am looking forward to learning from her once she is back.

My circle keeps getting bigger. As Barb said "Welcome to Club C."

1 Comments:

  • What a lovely gift! Nobody would wish this stuff on either of you, but damn! It's nice you can lean on each other as you need to.

    By Blogger The Green Cedar, at 8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home