Plan B

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Mall Walking

Tonight, after Lauren returned home from work, we headed to our small, local mall. Today's temperatures are close to record breaking and no one was interested in heating up the kitchen. Fully harnessed, we headed out in the car with the air conditioning running full blast.

We had three goals for our trip. Eat some dinner, walk for 30 minutes, and look for inexpensive button down shirts. Dinner was easy. Food courts let everyone find something that they like. After eating, Lauren took off on her own after setting an 8:35 meet time at H&M while Leslie and I headed to the third floor to walk. We walked the halls quickly and did the Susan-Speed-Sale-Rack-Review at interesting stores along the way.

As 8:35 approached, we headed down to the first floor past the food court and the Cinnabon, into the new H&M store. I was slowed down by a 19-year old who doesn't believe the Susan-Speed-Sale-Rack-Review method of shopping is acceptable so I started to notice something really odd. No matter where I went in the store, it smelled like Cinnabon. I started checking ever few feet, and yup, there was that smell. I thought this was really unusual for a modern mall to allow food smells to infiltrate a clothing store. Then I wondered how the staff stayed so slim while smelling Cinnabon all day long.

Lost in my thoughts, I looked back and saw that Leslie was following me, and he was carrying a Cinnabon bag!

1 Comments:

  • Hi Susan! This is Jeremy and I'm teaching my mother how to view your blog. Our biggest obstacle to overcome is the concept that URLs don't always need a www at the beginning! We're wishing you the best and we think this web log is a brilliant idea to keep all your friends up to date.

    -Jeremy and Mary

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home