Plan B

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

No Benadryl!

Today I began Cycle 3. Arrive at Dana Farber for a 6:50AM appointment for a blood draw, but wasn't taken back until 7:25. My "person" was really, really odd. He wasn't yet prepared. He was scattered. He didn't have gloves. He didn't have my tubes ready. He was a mess. Up to the 9th floor to see Dr. Christina. She wasn't on time either, but not too bad. She has a new PA, and for the life of me, I can't remember her name. There was no reason to see Dr. C particularly. I have nothing to report, and yet we managed to touch on a number of things that were important.

And then to treatment. I got Katy today! My original primary nurse who I do like an awful lot. She brought up the pre-meds stating that I would have a tiny bit of the benadryl. I countered that I thought we were going to nothing today, and she did not disagree. So today, I successfully received Taxol with NO benadryl. Oh what a relief! No sleeping. No fuzziness! And the most important thing? No allergic reaction. Since we finished with an Xgeva shot, I did get that headache, but it is so much better!

So, I think I can do this Taxol thing with only the pepcid. This might just be a good thing.

Oh, and the tumor markers are way down! 20%!!!!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home