Plan B

Friday, April 21, 2017

Cycle 2

This week, we began cycle 2. Almost routine now. Head to the 9th floor, vital signs, access the port for blood work, take a walk, come back for the main event.

I decided not to have the decadron/steroids with this infusion. It was up to me which pre-med to drop first, and since I am still a bit concerned about an allergic reaction, opted for the steroid. Boy does the lack of a steroid change the experience. BOOM! Fast asleep. They had to wake me up for the Taxol safety check! I then slept through the hour infusion. Got home, and was back in bed within moments. I am having to work a bit harder to control the nausea. Without the steroids, the side effects of Benadryl are more obvious including a certain amount of drowsiness the next day. Next week we will start to reduce the Benadryl. First by half; and then none. Shall see how that goes!

On Thursday it was time to shave. That salon was filled with women in their 20's getting their hair colored, sheaves of tin foil surrounding their crowns. As my hair fell to the floor, they stared at their phones and traded silly stories with their stylist. So different than last time when the room was filled with women who "felt" what I was going through. This time no hugs, no best wishes, no acknowledgement. I guess I just look older and "this is what happens to old people."

Once again, I am surprised by how cold my head is. Doesn't help that it is damp and cold and rainy right now. Weather is allowed to get warmer anytime!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home