Plan B

Friday, May 07, 2010

The Results are In

May 3, 2010

Again, I decided not to look online to read my own test results. No call on Friday, and so a weekend of waiting. Woke early Monday morning just in case Nurse Lauren called. But the phone didn't ring.

Finally went downstairs to make some lunch, and the cell phone rings. I don't generally answer the cell during lunch. That is the business line. But as it rang no 6, I frantically tried to run up the stairs before the voice mail answered. Didn't make it. And then a voice message... this is Nurse Lauren and I want to discuss your results. No breezy 'All Clear.' Nope. Not this time. I called back immediately. Voice mail. Again. Again. Again. Wait five minutes. Again. Again. It has now been 45 minutes. And, the phone rings.

Mets. Minimal. Dr. Roger wants to see you. Selena will call. Oh there was more to this conversation. She couldn't have gentler or nicer. She answered all of my questions. Mets. Minimal. Treatment Plan.

We are back on the train. And this one goes to the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home