Plan B

Friday, May 07, 2010

Scans

April 20, 2010

My first scan was the bone scan. Walter, my scheduler, gave me the wrong location so I was on the wrong hospital campus. From there, that office sent me to another bone scan machine, but that wasn't the right place either. Finally, I called the number and discovered where I needed to be. By now, I was a half hour late. Not enough time to have the radioactive injection, wait and then have the long scan.

Explained why it was imperative that I be done by 2... and that department went into overdrive. Young student tried the IV and was miserably unsuccessful, but he didn't try a second time. Nope, he called his supervisor who slipped it in smoothly. Radioactive stuff in my veins, I found a quiet corner and read.

The scan was better than my last one. They no longer tie your arms to the bench. Instead they slip "wings" under the bench and your arms rest there. I didn't find the 40 minutes in the tube to be too much. I was out of the hospital at 2:03, and on my way.

The next day Nurse Lauren called and left me a chipper message. "The bone scan was all clear."

_phew_

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home