Plan B

Friday, May 07, 2010

Two Days of Scans!

April 28-29, 2010

And the scan marathon begins.

First up, the PET. Preparation for this scan is most unusual. Lunch the day before is normal. Dinner however, demands protein cooked in oil. No vegetables, no carbs, no sugar. I pondered what this dinner would look like. So different than my normal eating habits, and I simply rejected the idea of sauteed chicken breasts. And then it hit me. Tenderloin steaks with hollandaise sauce. Who eats hollandaise sauce anymore? And yet, here was the perfect opportunity. It was medically necessary!

Breakfast the next morning, only black coffee and a lovely bottle of Clear Scan. Clear Scan is flavored canola oil. It tastes like slurpee syrup. Fake, sweet and strangely familiar. Lunch was a repeat. And we were off to the hospital.

The PET went alright. And then we moved to the MRI machines. This didn't go as well. Turns out that my body can only hold itself still, while lying on the back for a finite number of hours per day. I had to be pulled out of the machine twice to allow me to move my shoulder. Otherwise, I would have gone crazy from the pain.

We finally arrived at home around 9pm.

And then turned around and headed back the next morning. The MRCP was a different machine. Much less loud, fewer tests, but far more time between tests. And no leaving the machine. Madame technician was just not interested. Clink Clank Boooooin.... and before I knew it, I was free.

And the waiting began.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home