Plan B

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Survivor!

Dr Maryjane says I am "cancer free!!!!!" Today was my first follow up mammogram and exam by my surgeon. Oh the difference from a year ago!

Dr. Valerie was all smiles when she said "I see nothing on films." And then she asked about my daughter, and we chatted about her back. No arguing about my choice to leave before having an ultrasound.

And then up to the fifth floor. More smiles, and congrats from hospital staff who have been with me each step of the way. Dr. Maryjane reviewed my full history [she is really the only one that does this.] We discussed my bone loss, BRCA status, medications, pain and physical therapy. She had some great ideas for moving forward without filling my Fosamax prescription.


She also told me to go out and celebrate "big time." She didn't think that the grilled tuna we had planned was enough. She suggested "chocolate."

I am thrilled. I am elated. And I thought the grilled tuna, with a special bottle of wine, eaten with my family, was the perfect celebration.

Cancer Free. Two wonderful words.

1 Comments:

  • Ahhhhh, this post made me smile and get goosebumps all at once. Cancer free IS chocolate worthy! We've come a long, long way, baby...

    By Blogger Kristina, at 11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home