Plan B

Friday, July 08, 2005

Spreading the Word

As I indicated in one of my previous posts, I told no one about my possible breast cancer until after Lauren's graduation with two exceptions: my husband and my sister in LA.

I hated to make that call. She lives alone, well with multiple animals, but that is another post, and was in the throws of her own diagnosis. However, she is the family expert on the medical community, and I really needed her input. And I really wanted her to come East for the graduation. I wanted the whole family to be together.

So I called. "I need you." And the story poured out. This was early June, and my appointments were coming fast and furious. After talking for a while I said "See? I told you that the medical community moved faster here than in LA."

"Well, I didn't expect you to research this first hand," she replied. "Not on my account."

1 Comments:

  • I think I like your sister. :-) I'm glad you feel such a connection to her, and that there are people in your life that you can open up to.

    How are you this Friday? I hope you're hanging in there, that the waiting is time well spent, and that the world is treating you well.

    Kristina

    By Blogger Kristina, at 10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home