Plan B

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Ponderings

I have been so busy.... two major installations in two weeks. And not just major installations, but two major installations for clients that allowed me to put their projects on hold while I concentrated on getting healthy. These clients waited months and months and months, patiently. They sent me cards, offered to come and feed me and most importantly, refused my offers to find a new developer for them.

I owe these people a lot. And I have taken the final preparations leading to installations very seriously.

Today, I installed for client no 2, and they LOVE it!!!! And, now that they see the possibilities, they want more. Change orders- a lovely word.

In addition to getting back up to speed with databases, I have also been busy rehearsing for my first post treatment chamber music concert. Actually, this is the first chamber music concert I have played in quite a while. I need to practice my own part, plus fit in evening rehearsals three nights per week. I have to say, that even though I am totally exhausted, I love playing seriously again. In the perfect world, I would be part of a professional ensemble that rehearsed and performed regularly. Maybe when I get back on my financial footing, I will work towards this again.

Overall, I am having a hard week. Too many memories are flooding back that relate to anniversaries. I feel gloomy and sad. Maybe being so wildly busy is a good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home